Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Remove Shared Folders From My Computer - Registry Tweaks !!

Remove Shared Folders From My Computer - Registry Tweaks

We can change a lot of windows settings by tweaking the WINDOWS REGISTRY according to our choice. These tweaks can make your windows run faster with improved efficiency & performance. We can user some third party utility (like TWEAKUI) or WINDOWS REGISTRY EDITOR for the tweaking. Here I am giving some simple Registry Tweaks which you can do yourself by using the windows registry editor.

IMPORTANT : Tweaking windows registry can be dangerous if not done properly. In worst case scenario windows may not boot at all or some of your software / applicantion may not work. I do not take any responsibility if any data loss occurs. Proceed at your own risk.

PRECAUTION : Backup your registry or it will be better if you make an Image of your System before proceeding with registry editing.

Remove Shared Folders From My Computer.

To remove the shared folders in the My Computer view, delete the value {59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} in the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\My Computer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For Bloggers Free Backlinks