Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Changing Default Location of My Documents

Imaging a situation that all of a sudden your Windows crashed and u had to format and reinstall it. In the process you have lost all the valuable files stored in the My Documents folder. Don't you think it would be nice if we can change the default location of My Documents folder. Yes we can change the default location of "My Documents" from "C" Drive to any other partition of our Hard Disk.

Follow the lines below and your My Documents folder is moved to a different partition of your hard disk along with all your files.

  • Right click on My Documents.
  • In the context menu go to PROPERTIES and click.
  • In the dilogue box click on MOVE and choose the location where you want to keep your files.
  • Click OK and you are done.

Now even if you have to format your C drive your files will remain safe at a different location.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For Bloggers Free Backlinks